How configure Paypal to Accept payments for this ext?

Extra portals for the Points. License is Proprietary.

💶 A small fee is charged for download.

DAE avatar
Tarantino
Contributor

Post by Tarantino »

I’ve go to paypal developer website created a sandbox, tested, all fine.
Then in the same developer I use the Live to create an Live API credentials, I use those on this extensions, but the extensions says people paid, but I dont receive at my paypal, why?

I go now to paypal.com instead of developer website and I am now on a page that asks me to choose:

Is this the step necessary? If yes, what option should I choose? I couldnt find anywhere any information about this. Very confusing.

3Di
Site Admin

Post by 3Di »

It is not that this extension makes you not able to use Paypal :mono: , the questions are:

• Did you ask support at Paypal :think:
  • Did you throughly search the documentation there at Paypal :think:

See if this helps: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... -checklist

A good silence was never written :P

DAE avatar
Tarantino
Contributor

Post by Tarantino »

They are closed in the weekend, but I read all the documentation, the problem is that it seems to exist a lot of ways to have a payment on an website.
There is Rest, nvsp, Braintree. In some they ask for a signature API? And I don’t know which method was used on this extension. Is it considered a third party?
I am assuming it is a REST.
Even if I call PayPal I don’t know what I should say to them if they ask which kind of solution an I using?

I created the live API credentials on the developer website not on the Paypal one. Is that alright?
And I didn’t configured nothing yet at Paypal.com.
I was assuming it wasn’t needed.

Would be great to have a simple tutorial of how to configure it from the beginning to the end.

But the most strange is that the user made the purchase and it was successful. He paid with credit card. And I saw on PayPal developer website, on the webhooks events that the purchase was approved to my merchant id.
But I didn’t receive any notification from PayPal about the transaction, neither the balance appears the value. And my friend said that he always receive an SMS when he pays something and he didn’t received it. So he said he really doubts that the money will be out of his bank account.

I read too that it could take 3~ 8 days to the money to appear in PayPal balance… But what if the payment is not completed? It was approved but does that means that it will be completed no matter what? I’ve my doubts.
I am afraid that people could buy stuff this way, somehow cancel it. And since it was approved they are having access already to material, when I didn’t really receive the money.

Goldy
Site Admin

Post by Goldy »

I am looking into this further, but takes sometime aswell with real money so not the fastest debug session (not to mention I am currently ill).

And just for all information, we are using the Order v2 API.

We Create an order with the intent to CAPTURE: The merchant intends to capture payment immediately after the customer makes a payment.

From the response, returned by creating an order, we grab the approve url and redirect the user there:
To complete payer approval, use the approve link to redirect the payer. The API caller has 3 hours (default setting, this which can be changed by your account manager to 24/48/72 hours to accommodate your use case) from the time the order is created, to redirect your payer. Once redirected, the API caller has 72 hours for the payer to approve the order and either authorize or capture the order.

From there, once the user is done, we receive the order id from paypal. Which we then check with show order details. And we look for the status of the response object. If the status is either APPROVED or COMPLETED, we distribute the points.
APPROVED. The customer approved the payment through the PayPal wallet or another form of guest or unbranded payment. For example, a card, bank account, or so on.
COMPLETED. The payment was authorized or the authorized payment was captured for the order.

More to come.

3Di
Site Admin

Post by 3Di »

Tarantino wrote:
26 Jan 2020 11:23

…. Poke

In addition to what has been clearly illustrated in the above post of Goldy we released today the new version of ASS purchases which fixes some glitch in our Paypal API.

Please let us know if everything is ok, thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=112

DAE avatar
Tarantino
Contributor

Post by Tarantino »

I’ve made a test myself doing a credit card payment, and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the fix! :)

3Di
Site Admin

Post by 3Di »

Thanks for feedback.

Goldy
Site Admin

Post by Goldy »

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for reporting.
It appears we have to manually ‘trigger’ the transaction/payment.
Which is now being done successfully.